COOKED TO PRIME RIB PERFECTION
As with all great recipes it has to have an origination. An inspiration to taste something flavorful yet unique.
Smoked Paprika Tri Tip
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Tallow, for searing
- Add all ingredients except for tri tip to a medium sized mixing bowl and combine thoroughly creating the rub.
- Liberally coat tri tip with the rub ensuring an even coating.
- Place tri tip in a large zip-loc bag and let it rest on the counter to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Once hot, add tallow to skillet and sear tri tip for 5 minutes per side or until a nice crust develops.
- Place tri tip on a sheet pan with a rack and place in the oven and roast until internal temperature reads about 135° F for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before you slice into tri tip. Enjoy!